Full Height Shutters
Experts in blinds and shutters
Any style for any room
Whether you have large or small windows, full-height shutters can be designed to suit different window sizes and shapes, including bay windows and angled windows.
What are full-height shutters?
Full-height shutters are a type of window covering that extends from the top to the bottom of the window, covering the entire height of the windowpane. They are designed to provide a sleek and elegant look while offering privacy, light control, and insulation benefits. These shutters are popular among homeowners due to their versatility and ability to complement various interior design styles.
With full-height shutters, you can open the entire panel or adjust the louvres to control the amount of light and airflow entering the room. This allows you to create the desired ambience and maintain privacy according to your preference. The shutters are custom-made to fit your windows perfectly, ensuring a seamless and tailored appearance.
They are available in a range of materials, finishes, and colours, allowing you to select an option that aligns with your personal taste and complements your home's decor. We offer various colours, materials, and styles to match your home's style.
Why choose full height shutters?
- Span the entire height of your window creating with full height shutters in a timeless plantation look that works with modern or classic window styles and interiors. Create a sense of grandeur and scale in your living room or dining room with stylish light control
- Think of total privacy, a stylish new look and ultimate light control. Wrapped up in a timeless style statement, and available in a range of materials and colours, full height shutters span the whole window.
- Full height plantation shutters easily let light in, or block it out based on your preference, due to their simple panel configuration, providing fantastic privacy for your home. Adding a layer to your windows, shutters are also a great form of insulation, helping retain heat during the winter.
Full height plantation shutters can really make a statement in your home. Our services are available for homeowners throughout Welwyn Garden City, St. Albans, Hertford, and the surrounding areas.
Full Height Shutters Inspiration
Get in touch
Take the first step towards transforming your windows with style and functionality with a free consultation, our experienced team looks forward to hearing from you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Full Height Shutters
What are the benefits of full-height shutters?
Some of our favourite benefits of full-height shutters include the following:
- When the panels are closed, you can enjoy complete privacy and maximum reduction of light.
- These shutters provide insulation, keeping the cold out and the heat in.
- Full window coverage helps reduce noise from the outside.
- Full-height shutters are suitable for windows of any size or shape and also a great door choice.
Another significant benefit of this style is the option to add a mid-rail or split in the chosen rod. This allows you to independently open the upper and lower slats, providing the functionality of tier-on-tier shutters. You can have privacy from the lower section while maximising light through the top.
How do full-height shutters differ from other types of shutters?
They differ in a few different ways, including:
Full-height shutters consist of a single frame covering the entire window height, offering a clean and seamless appearance. In contrast, other shutter types, such as tier-on-tier or café style, have multiple panels covering specific window sections.
Full-height shutters provide complete coverage from top to bottom, allowing for maximum privacy and light reduction when the panels are closed. Other shutter styles may expose certain window sections, limiting privacy and light control options.
Full-height shutters are suitable for windows of any size or shape, making them a versatile option for various window configurations. They are also well-suited for use on doors. Other shutter styles may be more specific in their application and may not be as adaptable to different window types.
Full-height shutters can be customised with a mid-rail or split in the rod, offering the flexibility to open the upper and lower slats independently. This feature provides the functionality of tier-on-tier shutters, allowing privacy from the lower section while maximising light through the top.
How long do full-height shutters typically last?
The lifespan of full-height window shutters can vary from 10 to 20 years or more, depending on factors such as the material used and the frequency of use. Solid wood shutters are known for their durability and can last the longest. However, even imitation and artificial wood shutters, which are more affordable, can still provide a good and durable alternative. While their lifespan may not be as long as solid wood shutters, they can still offer satisfactory durability and longevity. Ultimately, the material you choose for the shutters plays a significant role in determining their durability and lifespan.