Information that we collect from you
When you visit, register, or order products on www.absolute-blinds.com, or directly with Absolute Blinds via phone or email, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information.
We may also collect information about you from messages through social media or e-mails or letters you send to us directly. To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
(a) Legitimate interest – Having purchased goods or services from us, or subscribing to our newsletter, we have a legitimate interest to contact you from time to time with marketing information on our products, services and latest news by email.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Use of your information
Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our service.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you, provide you with our Services and to comply with our legal obligation, This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- Share your details with third party delivery organisations in order to fulfil our contract and deliver goods. Personal information is not shared with any other third parties.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages and postal mail.
- We use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content)
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Having purchased goods or subscribed to our newsletters, we consider that you have a legitimate interest in receiving marketing information on our products, services and news. From time to time by email, post or SMS text.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us may be given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us to fulfil your contract. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. We may contact you by e-mail or over the phone. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know at [email protected].
Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at [email protected]
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed, and should be addressed to [email protected].
If you have a complaint, please contact us at [email protected]. If you are then unhappy with our response, you can contact the ICO.